Just a taste of the Summer things to do
Whitewater Rafting Our partners at Alpine Rafting can take you on a thrill of a lifetime from the subtle and scenic floats or the adrenaline driven whitewater rapids of the Kicking Horse River.
ATV Tours Take a trip to the back country on an ATV with our partners, Canadian Off Road Adventures. They have full day trips, including lunch or just a ‘taster’ 2 hour trip for just $99
Golf There really is nothing like golfing in the Rockies. Choices include the beautifully maintained golf club here in Golden, or within easy reach for a day trip on courses rated within the best courses in Canada
Hiking Around The Golden Area Hiking and walking is endless here in the Blaeberry Valley as well as all over Kicking Horse Country. The Golden Hikes website is updated with many of the trails from a simple stroll to advanced back country hiking.
Paragliding We can help you ‘jump off a mountain’ to take a trip that you’ll never forget!
Mountain Biking Numerous trails, maintained by the Golden Cycling Club await you, whether it's cross country or downhill white knuckle trails on the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Wolf Center We are lucky to be walking distance to the Northern Lights Wolf Center, where you have and interesting and educational close up look at the wolves. However, what’s more, we can advise you how to arrange to go on an actual walk with the wolves in the back country – an experience you’ll never forget!
Buffalo Ranch Opposite the lodge is the extensive acreage of the Rocky Mountain Buffalo Ranch, where you can get an up close and personal meeting with buffalo, including Chester the 2400 lb bull sire.
Grizzly Bear Refuge at Kicking Horse Resort Come and meet Boo at the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, and learn all about grizzlies in the wild. Boo was orphaned as a very young cub, and he now lives in a huge 28 acre sanctuary where you can get to see and photograph him.
Horse Riding We can help you arrange to ride the trails near the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, with or in the various other mountainous regions of the Blaeberry Valley and surrounding areas.
Fishing Golden is situated on the confluence of the Columbia and Kicking Horse Rivers, and along with the huge array of lakes and rivers within the six mountainous national parks, the fishing opportunities are endless.
Other activities & useful links
Summer top 10 things to do
There’s so much to do during the summer in the Rockies. We struggled to limit our list to just 10 things!
1. Enjoy and relax in your stay, views and hospitality at Kicking Horse Kabins!
2. You can go for a hike! In the nearby National Parks or in the Golden area itself, the alpine hiking destinations are unmatched! Lake Louise and Banff are just a short drive away, and the beautiful Thomson Falls are just 10 minutes away. Call us to provide you with a luxury picnic whilst you’re there.
3. Enjoy the view from the top – a breathtaking 360 degree view from inside the Golden Eagle Express Gondola, and when you’re up their, you can go to the Eagle Eye Restaurant for Sunday Brunch, lunch or dinner.
4. Ride the mountain bike trails. You can experience gentle cross-country to daredevil downhill single tracks!
5. Go tandem-paragliding from the top of Mount 7! Our daughter did!
6. Experience the thrill of whitewater rafting, calmer waters or a big splash, there’s something in the Kicking Horse River for everyone! We’ve done it, it’s great!
7. Golf at the Golden Golf and Country Club – and 18 hole public championship course that’s rated the best value in BC.
8. Go climbing at the Dogtooth Climbing Gym, excellent for all ages and abilities.
9. Go Fish! Plan a fishing trip in one of the ‘Best of BC Rivers’. We can even cook you your catch for dinner!
10. Experience the Columbia River Wetlands, its wildlife and more than 250 resident migratory bird species.