A winter wonderland awaits you
Downhill skiing/snowboarding – ski at Kicking Horse is just a short drive from the lodge. However, more options are available for day trips to Ski Revelstoke, Banff and Lake Louise, as well as Panorama to the south of here, giving you the option of having a multi centered ski vacation, without having to relocate your accommodation.
Cross country skiing – the Golden Nordic club maintain numerous trails for the back country enthusiast as well as the many, many opportunities within the Blaeberry Valley countryside, just minutes from the lodge.
Snowmobiling – Golden is well renowned for all the snowmobiling opportunities, right on your door step and is becoming the nature choice for many snowmobilers because of its location and accessibility, along with his endless options of deep snowfalls, champagne powder and amazing scenery. Bring your own sled or rent one, you choice, but don’t miss out on this experience!
Winter top 10 things to do
1. Relax and enjoy your stay, the views and hospitality at Kicking Horse Kabins!
2. Experience some of the best champagne powder slopes and heli-skiing conditions in the world.
3. Finish the longest run in North America, ‘It’s a Ten!’, a 10 km green run.
4. Experience some of the best mountain snowmobiling in the world.
5. Enjoy every level of cross-country skiing, from gentle to demanding trails.
6. Visit the Northern Lights Wolf Center, walking distance from Kicking Horse Kabins.
7. Go climbing at the Dogtooth Climbing Gym, excellent for all ages and abilities.
8. Enjoy the view from the very top. Even non-skiers should go up to the Golden Eagle Eye Express Gondola and experience the breathtaking view.
9. Adventure out – relax in the nearby hot-springs or discover Rogers Pass to the west.
10. Enjoy the authentic small town atmosphere, shops, restaurants and the all round genuine mountain community hospitality.